Fabulous Websites, Apps, & Online Tools for Writers
1.Pomodoro Time- a productivity app that lets you create to-do lists and timers. It tracks your timed sessions so you can see progress over time.
2. Evernote– an app that lets you create notes on the go.
3. Grammarly– a program that checks your grammar and spelling.
4. Draft– an interesting online writing software with a bunch of features.
5. Write or Die– a writing software that allows you to set times sessions with word count goals.
6. Hemingway– an editor that helps making your writing more clear.
7. Leech Block– a productivity tool that allows you to block certain websites at specific times.
8. Cold Turkey– another productivity software that allows you to block time-wasting websites.
9. Cliche Finder– copy and paste your text into the box and it will highlight the cliches!
10. Wattpad– share and get feedback on your stories, and connect with other writers.
11. Scribophile– an online writing workshop and writer’s community.
My Favorite Writing Blogs
- She’s Novel
- Blots & Plots
- Helping Writers Become Authors
- Go Teen Writers
- The Write Practice
Want Epic, Free Resources?
Recommended Books on Writing
I’m kind of obsessed with craft books. I’ve read dozens of them over the years–and plan to read dozens more! Here are the ones I’ve found most helpful and would recommend to any writer.